资源描述
1. be into something 对……十分感兴趣;很喜欢
e.g. Why are you so into pinot?
你为什么那么喜欢品乐(酿造葡萄酒用的一种高级葡萄品种名)?
2. tucked-away corners 隐蔽的角落
e.g. And, in fact, it can only grow in these really specific, little tucked-away corners of the world.
其实,它只能长在那些极特别的地方,世界很少的几个隐蔽角落。
3. coax... into 引导(诱哄)……做某事
e.g. Only somebody who really takes the time to understand pinot's potential can then coax it into its fullest expression.
只有那些真正愿意花时间理解品乐潜力的人,才能引导它进入全盛阶段。
4. by comparison 相比较;通过对比
e.g. No, I mean, you know, cabernets can be powerful and exalting too, but they seem prosaic to me, for some reason, by comparison.
我是说,你知道,解百衲葡萄酒也能很强健,喝起来飘飘欲仙,但它们对我来说太平凡了,因为某种原因,相对而言。
5. show-off adj.值得炫耀的;
e.g. You know, he had this big sort of show-off cellar.
你知道,他有一个很大的值得炫耀的酒窖。
1. lay out 展开
e.g. Look, I'm just gonna lay this out there, all right?
听着,我准备把事情都说清楚,好吗?
2. lose one’s mind 脑子有问题
e.g. I mean, I thought I was losing my mind.
我是说,我还一直以为是我脑子出问题了。
3. spot-on恰好的(地); 准确的(地)
e.g. This conversation is all about my deficiencies, because as a wife you've been spot-on.
这次要说的都是关于我的缺点,因为作为,妻子你一直都做得恰到好处。
4. put up with 忍受
e.g. But the point is, honey, you shouldn't have to put up with your husband.
但是问题是,宝贝,你不应该这样容忍的你丈夫。
5. in retrospect 回想
e.g. And in retrospect, we realize the choice wasn't the right choice.
当我们回头想想,就会认识到,那选择并不正确。
1. I owe you. (口语)我欠你个人情
e.g. Listen, man, I owe you, buddy.
嘿,Mac,我欠你个人情。
2. hang out with sb. 和某人混在一起
e.g. So, I've been hanging out with this other girl.
我正和另一个女人在一起。
3. flip switches 发脾气
e.g. Tammy's always flipping switches.
Tammy经常会大发脾气。
4. plough through 艰难地度过
e.g. Plaster on a fake smile, plough through the next half-century,
sit back, relax and wait for the sweet embrace of death.
装出一副笑脸,艰难地过完剩下的无十年,然后袖手旁观,放轻松点,等待死亡的甜蜜拥抱。
5. make sth. clear to sb. 把某事告诉某人
e.g. No. I mean, I haven't exactly made it clear to her yet, but I'm going to.
不是,我还没有告诉她,但我准备告诉她。
展开阅读全文