资源描述
1. a little too far (有點太過分了)
A: I feel so sorry , but I didn’t mean it. (我十分抱歉,但我不是有意的.)
B: Really , don’t you know you have gone a little too far ?
(真的,難道你不知道你有點太過分嗎?)
2. a lot you know (你知道真不少)
A: This is the best Beijing food restaurant in town. (這是本市最好的北京飯店.)
B: A lot you know. (你知道真不少啊!)
3. a promise is a promise (言出必行)
A: You said you would come……. (你說你會來的…….)
B: Yes , a promise is a promise (是的,言出必行)
4. after you (請你先走-----兩個人同時出門,讓對方先行)
A: You first. ( 你先請. )
B: No , after you. (不,你先請)
5. all gone (賣光了 , 走光了 )
A: I’d like some sugar , please. (我要買些糖.)
B: I’m sorry ,the sugar is all gone. (對不起,糖賣光了)
A: By eight ,the guests had all gone. (八點左右,客人全走光了.)
B: There must be something wrong with your programmes.
(你的節目一定有問題了)
6. all the same (都一樣)
A: Would you like a cup of coffee or tea ? (你要咖啡還是茶?)
B: Either will be fine , it’s all the same for me. (都可以, 反正對我來說都一樣.)
7. as you wish = It’s up to you (隨你的便)
A: You guys just go ahead; I want to be alone. (你們盡管去吧; 我想靜一下.)
B: As you wish. (隨你的便)
8. at the moment, that’s it (目前只有這個法子)
A: What are we going to do now ? (我們現在該怎么辦?)
B: Before the doctor arrives, I thing at the moment , that’s it.
(在醫生來之前,我想只能這樣做.)
9. beat it (滾蛋)
A: I really want to give you my hand. (我真的想幫你忙.)
B: I don’t need you . So , beat it . (我不需要你, 滾蛋.)
10. better late than never (遲做總比不做好)
A: I’ll study hard from now on . I know I should have done it a long time ago.
從今以后我會用功讀書,我早該用功了.
B: Well ,better late than never. (唔,遲做總比不做好)
11. can’t you read (你難道不識字嗎?)
A: Knock before you enter . Can’s you read ? (進來先敲門,你不識字嗎?)
B: I’m sorry . I didn’t see the board. (對不起,我沒有看見指示牌.)
12. certainly not. (當然不)
A: Jane , will you go out with me tonight ? (簡,今晚可否与我出外?)
B: Certainly not. (當然不)
13. cheer up (打起精神;振作)
A: I failed in the driving test again. (我駕駛考試又不及格了)
B: Cheer up ! Don’t be so upset (振作點! 不要那么沮喪.)
14. no class (格調低)
A: Don’t ask John to join us. (不要叫約翰加入.)
B: Why not? He’s quite interesting. (為什么不要? 他頗為風趣.)
A: I don’t like him , he has no class. (我不喜歡他,他格調太低了)
15. clear so far (听懂了嗎)
A: Clear so far? If you have any questions , don’t be afraid to ask.
(听懂了嗎?如果有任何問題,別怕發問.)
B: Sure we do. (我們當然懂了)
16. cross someone (激怒; 使…..生气)
A: Don’t cross John. (不要激怒約翰)
B: Why do you say that? (為什么這樣說)
A: He knows Chinese Kung-fu. (他懂得中國功夫)
17. cut class (逃學)
A: Why was I failed in this course?
(這課程,我為什么不及格?)
B: You’ve been cutting class too often. (你逃學太多了)
18. cut it short = be brief (長話短說)
A: Could you give me a minute? (可否給我一分鐘時間?)
B: I’m in a hurry . Please cut it short. (我很忙,請長話短說)
19. day off (休 假)
A: Why are you home today? (今天為什么在家)
B: This is my day off. (今天我休假)
20. did I say something wrong (我是否說錯了什么)
A: Why are you mad with me ? (你為什么生我的气?)
B: Nothing (沒什么)
A: Did I say something wrong ? (我是否說錯了什么.)
21. do as I say (照我的話去做)
A: I don’t want to….. (我不想……)
B: Shut up ,and do as I say. (住嘴,照我的話去做)
22. do you have the time (請問幾點)
A: Excuse me , sir, do you have the time ? (先生,對不起,請問幾點?)
B: It is 3:30. (現在是三時三十分)
23. don’t be silly (別傻了, 別太客气了)
A: Thanks for everything. (一切謝謝了)
B: Don’t be silly. (別太客气了)
24. don’t mention it (不必再提了,不必挂在心上)
A: Thanks for your help, John. (約翰,多謝你的幫忙.)
B: Dot’s mention it . (不必挂在心上)
25. don’t you dare (你敢-----表示不可以….)
A: Don’t you dare say it to me. (你敢對我說這些話)
B: I’m sorry . I didn’t mean it. (對不起,我不是故意的)
26. drop someone a line (寫 信)
A. Drop me a line when you get there, will you?
(到了那里,給我寫封信好嗎? )
B: Trust me . I will . (相信我吧,我會的.)
27. eat up (多吃點)
A: I’ve had enough. (我飽了)
B: Eat up , I’m paying for it . (多吃點,我可是花錢買的.)
28. get going (走幵)
A: Get going ; you’re in my way. (走幵,你擋了我的路.)
B: Where’s your manner ? (你的風度哪里去了)
29. get lost = beat it (滾 幵)
A: I’m so sorry for what I’ve done. (我對我所做的很抱歉)
B: Just get lost . I don’t want to hear. (滾 幵,我不想听)
30. get out of my way (滾幵;別攔路)
A: Could you tell me how to do it? (可否告訴我怎樣做?)
B: Get out of my way, I’m busy, can’t you see? (滾幵,難道你看不見我很忙?)
31. get something straight (把話直話)
A: I didn’t want to get involved. (我不想卷入旋渦.)
B: OK, let’s get it straight. (好吧, 讓我們把話直話)
32. get to the point (說出重點來)
A: Stop beating around the bush and get to the point.
(不要兜圈子了,說出重點來)
B: All right , I won’t make it long. (好吧,我不會說得太長的)
33. give someone a call / ring (打電話)
A: Are you free tomorrow evening? (你明晚有空嗎?)
B: Give me a ring at the time , will you? (到時候打電話給我,好嗎?)
34. give a damn (在乎;在意)
A: Mary is crying. Do something. (瑪莉在哭, 逗逗她吧.)
B: I don’t give a damn. (我才不在乎.)
35. give me a hand (幫幫忙(体力方面的)..)
A: John, give me a hand , will you? (約翰,幫個忙好嗎)
B: Yes, what can I do for you? (好的,我可以幫你什么呢 ?)
A: Pass me that knife (把刀子遞給我)
36. go all-out = let’s give it all we’ve got (努力拼命干)
A: Is everyone ready? (都準備好了吧?)
B: Let’s go all-out. (讓我們拼命干吧)
37. good for you (好! 對你會有益)
A: I’ll take your word and see the doctor. (我會听你話去看醫生)
B: Good for you . (好! 對你會有益的)
38. Got it (成功了,懂了)
A: Do you understand ? (你明白了嗎?)
B: Yes, I’ve got it . (我懂了)
39. hang in there (別放棄;堅持)
A: We can’t continue without you. (沒有你,我們不能繼續.)
B: Don’t quit . Hang in there a minute . I’ll be back .
(別放棄, 再忍一下,我馬上回來)
40. have a ball (玩得很幵心)
A: Did you enjoy the party last night? (享受昨晚的舞會嗎?)
B : We surely had a ball . (我們玩得很幵心)
41. have a go at something = give something a go (新嘗試)
A: Have you ever gone cycling ? (你騎過自行車嗎?)
B: You ought to have a go at it some day. It’s a lot of fun.
(那你該試一試,很有趣的.)
42. have I made myself clear (我的話夠清楚了吧)
A: I don’t want you to see my daughter any more. Have I made myself clear ?
(我不希望你再見我的女儿,我的話夠清楚了吧)
B: Quite clear , M r . Chan. (夠清楚了,陳先生.)
43. have pull with someone (對…..(人)有影響力 )
A: If I were you ,I would not try to fight with him.
(如果我是你,便不會跟他爭了)
B: Because, His father has a lot of pull with the Governor.
(因為他的父親對港督有很大影響力)
44. you know what (你知道嗎?)
A: You know what ? I’m going to get married tomorrow.
(你知道嗎? 我明天就要結婚了.)
B: No kidding ? (不是幵玩笑吧 ?)
45. how about a second round (再來一杯如何?)
A: How about a second round ? (再來一杯如何?)
B: No, thank you .I’ve had enough. (不要了,謝謝,我已喝夠了.)
46. How about that (不錯吧)
A: I’ve got a date with Mary for Saturday. How about that?
(星期六,我跟瑪莉有約, 不錯吧?
B: I envy you so much. (我很羨慕你)
47. how are you getting along (近來如何)
A: How are you getting along? (近來如何)
B: Fine , and you? (很好,你呢?)
48. how can you be so sure (你怎么能如此肯定)
A: How can you be so sure that guy isn’t Kent?
(你怎么能確定那家伙不是肯特?)
B: Because I’m that guy’s brother.
(因為那家伙是我的哥哥)
49. how is everything (近來如何)
A: John, long time no see, how is everything? (約翰,很久沒見,近況如何?)
B: Not bad, how about you? (還不錯,你呢?)
50. how was I (我表現得如何)
A: How was I ? Not bad , e h ? (我表現得如何, 不錯吧.)
B: You’ve got a lot of applause. (你得到很多喝彩聲)
51. how well do you know him / her (你對他了解有多少)
A: How long have you known him? (你認識他多久了)
B: How well do you know him ? (你對他了解有多少呢?)
52. I’m all ears (洗耳苶听)
A: Give me a minute , will you ? (給我一分鐘,好嗎?)
B: What do you want to tell me? I’m all ears. (你想告訴我什么, 洗耳苶听)
53. I’m on my way (我這就去了)
A: John , I told you to get me a coke. (約翰,我告訴你幫我拿一杯可樂)
B: Yes , I’m on my way. (好的,我這就去)
54. I’m to blame (責怪我好了)
A: Who is to blame for this? (這件事該責怪誰)
B: It’s all my fault. I’m the one to blame. (這全是我的錯,責怪我好了)
55. I can see your point (我是理解你的)
A: Do you follow me? (你明白我嗎?)
B: Yes, I can see your point , but money is not the major subject in this issue.
(是的,我是理解你的,但在這件事上,金錢不是主要的問題.)
56. I don’t catch your meaning (我不懂你的意思)
A: I don’t catch your meaning ,what do you mean you’re in trouble?
(我不懂你的意思,你說你惹上麻煩是什么意思?)
B: But only you can help me. (但只有你能幫我)
56. I don’t know what’s wrong with me (我不知道自己有什么不對勁)
A: Do you know in saying that you hurt her ?
(你知道你這樣說傷害了她嗎?)
B: I know I shouldn’t say that ,but I don’t know what’s the matter with me.
(我知道我不應該這樣說, 但我也不知道自己怎么搞的)
57. I don’t know what to say (我真不知該說什么才好)
A: Mary , what’s wrong between you and John? (瑪莉,你跟約翰之間怎么了?)
B: I don’t know what to say ,I think we are just not compatible.
(我不知該說些什么,我想我們就是彼此不合适.)
57. I feel the same way (我有同感)
A: I don’t like this cake, it’s too greasy. (我不喜歡這蛋糕,太油膩了)
B: I feel the same way. (我也有同感)
58. I’ve got a feeling (我有預感 )
A: Rose isn’t coming tonight. (露絲今晚不來了)
B : I had a feeling she wouldn’t come. (我有預感她不會來)
59. I have no choice (我別無其他選擇)
A: I don’t mean it . (我不是故意的)
B : I have no choice . I need money badly . (我沒有其他選擇,我急需錢)
60. I have no idea (我不知道)
A: Do you know how she did it ? (你知道她是怎樣做的?)
B: I have no idea (我不知道)
61. I have reached my limit (我的忍耐到了極限)
A: When will you finish you project ? (你什么時候可以完成你的計划?)
B: Don’t push me too hard. I have reached my limit.
(不要催促我太急,我的忍耐到极限了)
62. I mean what I said (我是當真的,不是說著玩的)
A: I don’t want to see you anymore ,and I mean what I said.
(我不想再見到你, 我可是當真的)
B: Don’t do that ,please. (請不要這樣)
63. I should have know (我早該知道)
A: I should have known she was just using me. (我早該知道她在利用我)
B: I should have known better than you. (我該比你更清楚)
64. I’ll let you know (到時我會讓你知道)
A: When will the manager be back ? (經理什么時候回來?)
B: I don’t know, but I’ll let you know at the very first place.
(我不知道,但他回來我會第一時間讓你知道)
65. If that’s the way you want it (假如這就是你所想做的)
A: I want to be alone. (我想獨自一個人)
B: If that’s the way you want it ,I will leave right now and never come back.
(如果你真的這么想,我馬上走,而且永遠不會回來)
65. in the first place (首先是…..)
A: Why didn’t he go to the Post office ? (他為什么不去郵局呢?)
B: In the first place, he didn’t know where the Post Office was.
In the second place, he was too shy to ask directions.
(首先是,他不知道郵局在哪,其次,他不好意思問人
66. it’s not my day (我今天真倒楣)
A: Why were you late this morning ? (今早為什么遲到呢?)
B: I missed my bus this morning, Then I had a quarrel with Peter, it’s just not my day.
(我今早先是赶不上巴士,后來又和彼得吵架,我今天真是倒楣)
67. it’s now or never (要么就現在,否則就算了)
A: Do you want to marry me ? (你願意嫁給我嗎?)
B: Let me think, I’ll tell you later. (讓我考慮一下,我遲些告訴你)
A: No, it’s now or never (不,現在就告訴我,否則就算了)
68. it’s all over (一切都成為過去)
A: Tell me about your love story. (告訴我你的愛情故事)
B: It’s all over , I don’t want to talk about it anymore.
(一切都成為過去,我不想再談它)
69. it’s up to you (需由你來決定)
A: How is the progress? (進度如何?)
B: We’ve already picked some colours. It’s up to you to decide which one to use.
(我們已選好了几种顏色,由你決定用哪一种.)
70. it won’t do someone any good (沒有好處)
A: Don’t drink that much. It won’t do you any good.
(別喝那么多酒,對你沒有好處的)
B: Don’t bother talking to him. He won’t listen to you.
(不必跟他講,他不會听的)
71. keep you(me) company (陪你{我})
A: Would you keep me company at the dentist? I’m sort of nervous.
(你願意陪我去看牙醫嗎? 我有點緊張.)
B: Take it easy . (放松一點吧!)
72. keep in touch (保持聯絡 )
A: Bye, John, Keep in touch. (約翰,再見了,保持聯絡啊!)
B: Sure. (當然)
73. kidding (幵玩笑;當真)
A: I can’t live without you. (沒有你我不能活下去)
B: Are you kidding ? ( 真的嗎?)
74. knock it off = stop it (別這樣)
A: Knock it off, will you? It looks so stupid? (別那樣好嗎?看上去很笨呢)
B: That’s what you think. (那只是你的想法而已)
75. leave everything until the last minute (凡事都拖到最后一分鐘)
A: Where is my passport ? (我的護照呢)
B: Why do you always leave everything until the last minute ?
(為什么你總是把每件事都拖到最后一分鐘呢?)
76. leave a message (留言)
A: May I speak to M r Chan ? (陳先生在嗎?)
B: I’m sorry. He is not in. Do you want to leave a message ?
(對不起,他不在,你想留言嗎?)
77. leave it to me (由我來照料)
A: I’m afraid I can’t finish this before eight. (我恐怕不能在八時前完成這事)
B: Don’t worry, You can leave it to me. (不要擔心,你大可把它留給我做)
78. let somebody down (使人失望)
A: I trust you will in the match. Don’t let me down.
(我相信你會贏得比賽.不要讓我失望.)
B: Trust me ,I won’t. (相信我,我不會讓你失望.)
79. let to (死心)
A: I know she doesn’t love me anymore, but I just can’t let go.
(我知道她再不愛我, 可是我只是不死心.)
B: Come on, you’ve got to face the reality. (來吧,你要面對這個現實)
80. let me put it in this way (讓我這樣說好了 )
A: What do you think about her? (你覺得她怎樣?)
B: She is the most sophisticated girl I’ve ever seen.
(她是我見過最老練的女孩子)
Let me put it in this way: you never know what she is t
展开阅读全文