资源描述
实用英语书面语:Ted forms a rock band
LESSON 08 TED FORMS A ROCK BAND
教训08年TED形成一个摇滚乐队
Ted plans to become a successful musician. First, he needs Susan to loan him money for a new guitar Susan suggests that Ted bake cookies to earn the money.
泰德计划成为一个成功的音乐家。首先,他需要苏珊借给他钱买一把新吉他苏珊表明Ted烘烤饼干挣的钱。
Susan: You're in good spirits today, Ted.
苏珊:你今天精神抖擞,特德。
Ted: I've got great news, Mom.
泰德:妈妈,我有个好消息。
Susan: What is it?
苏珊:这是什么?
Ted: Amber and I are going to start a rock band!
泰德:琥珀,我要开始一个摇滚乐队!
Susan: Good for you!
苏珊:对你有好处!
Ted: Mom, I'm not going to beat around the bush. I need to borrow $1,000 for a new guitar.
泰德:妈妈,我就不拐弯抹角了。我要借1000美元一把新吉他。
Susan: Ted, your father and I can't shell out that much. We aren't made of money.
苏珊:泰德,你父亲和我不能支付那么多。我们没有钱做的。
Ted: You're not? I thought you were millionaires, like Donald and Ivana Trump!*
泰德:你不是吗?我以为你是百万富翁,像Donald Trump和伊凡娜! *
Susan: Ha ha. This is no time to be a wise guy!
苏珊:哈哈。这是没有时间去成为一个聪明的家伙!
Ted: I promise I'll pay you back.
泰德:我保证我会还给你的。
Susan: How?
苏珊:怎么了?
Ted: We're going to take the music world by storm and make lots of money.
泰德:我们要把音乐世界的风暴和赚很多钱。
Susan: That sounds like a pipe dream. Aren't high school rock bands a dime a dozen?
苏珊:那听起来像是一个白日梦。不是高中摇滚乐队不值钱吗?
Ted: Yeah, but we're different. With my guitar playing and Amber's beautiful voice, we're sure to make a splash!
泰德:是的,但是我们是不同的。用我的吉他演奏和琥珀色的美丽的声音,我们肯定会引起轰动!
Susan: Well, we're going through hard times. You're going to have to work for that $1,000.
苏珊:嗯,我们正在经历艰难的时期。你要工作,1000美元。
Ted: How?
泰德:怎么了?
Susan: You can bake cookies.
苏珊:你可以烘烤饼干。
Ted: I bet Mrs. Clapton never made Eric** bake cookies, but I guess those are the breaks.
泰德:我敢打赌,克拉普顿太太从未埃里克* *烤点心,但是我想这些都是休息时间。
* Donald Trump is a famous American millionaire who made his money in real estate. Ivana is his ex-wife.
*唐纳德·特朗普是一个著名的美国百万富翁的钱在房地产。伊凡娜是他的前妻。
** Eric Clapton is a very popular guitarist.
* *埃里克·克拉普顿是一个非常受欢迎的吉他手。
展开阅读全文