资源描述
At a Chinese restaurant
A:It's very nice of you to invite me.
你真是太好了,请我来做客。
B:I'm very glad you could come, Mr. Liu. Will you take a seat at the head of the table? It's an informal dinner, please don't stand on ceremony... Mr. Liu, would you like to have some chicken?
刘先生,您能来我很高兴,请上坐。这是一次家常便饭,请大家别客气。刘先生,要吃点鸡肉吗?
A:Thank you. This is my first time to come to a Chinese restaurant. Could you tell me the different features of Chinese food?
谳谢,这是我第一次来中餐馆,请给我讲讲中国菜的不同特色好吗?
B:Generally speaking, Cantonese food is a bit light; Shanghai food is rather oily;and Hunan dishes are very spicy, having a strong and hot taste.
一般来讲,广东菜清淡一些;上海菜比较油腻:湖南菜香味浓,辣味很重。
A:Chinese dishes are exquisitely prepared, delicious, and very palatable. They are very good in colour,flavour,and taste.
中国菜做得很精细,色、香、味俱全。
B:Mr. liu, would you care for another helping?
刘先生,再来一点吧?
A:No more, thank you. I'm quite full.
不啦,谢谢。我已经够饱了。
B:Did you enjoy the meal?
您吃得怎么样?
A:It's the most delicious dinner I've had for a long time. It's such a rich dinner.
好久没有吃过这样美味的饭莱了。这顿饭莱太丰盛了。
B:I'm so glad you like it.
你能喜欢,我不胜荣幸。
A:Thank you very much for your hospitality.
谢谢你的盛情款待。
Wrong menu
A:Waiter, can you come here for a moment?
服务员,能过来一下吗?
B:Yes, is there something wrong?
好的,有什么问题吗?
A:I'm afraid you've made a mistake. This isn't what I ordered.
恐怕你搞错了,这不是我点的菜。
B:So sorry, I must have confused the orders. I'll check it.
非常抱歉,一定是我搞混点菜单了,我去查一下。
A:And also this soup is cold.
还有,这碗汤也是凉的。
B:I'm really sorry, I'll bring you a hot one right away.
实在对不起,我马上给您换一碗热汤来。
A:My dear, what's for supper?
亲爱的,晚饭做什么吃?
B:Red cooked carp and rape with fresh mushrooms.
红烧鲤鱼和鲜蘑油菜。
A:What about soup?
做什么汤?
B:Sour-peppery soup.
酸辣汤。
A:Which condiment do you use for?
你要用什么调料?
B:I'll use ginger, garlic scallion, hot pepper and vinegar.
我要用姜、蒜、葱、辣椒和醋。
A:Very good, need I help you?
很好,要我帮忙吗?
B:No, don't need, I can do myself.
不,不需要,我一个人就行了。
A:Thanks. I can watch TV now.
谢谢,现在我可以看电视了。
B:But you must cook that dinner next time.
不过,下次你得做正餐。
A:Okay, I'll do it next time.
好的,下次我一定做
A:Hi, I'm George. I'll be your waiter this evening. Are you ready to order or do you need a few more minutes?
嗨,我是乔治,今晚我将为您服务。您现在准备点菜还是稍待一会呢?
B:I'm ready now. I'd like the roast chicken and a side order of corn.
我现在点菜,我要烤鸡和玉米副餐。
A:And would you like an appetizer before your meal? The soup of the day is our delicious tomato soup.
在正餐之前您要来个开胃菜吗?今天的汤是我们最美味可口的蕃茄汤。
B:I'll pass on the soup, but I'd like a garden salad.
我不要汤,不过我要田园沙拉。
A:Can I get you anything to drink?
您要什么饮料吗?
B:Yes, I'd like a glass of iced tea.
好啊,我要一杯冰茶。
A:Okay. I'll be back in a minute with your drink and salad.
好的,我很快会把您的饮料和沙拉送来。
B:Thank you.
谢谢。
展开阅读全文