资源描述
Come here, you!
你们过来
Out you get.
你也下来
Untie these ropes.
把绳子解开
Come on, as quickly as you can.
都麻利点
What do you think, Mary? - Perfect.
Daisy!
黛西
Get downstairs with those now!
快把这些东西送到楼下去
Like I said!
如我所说
Mary!
玛丽
- Happy Christmas! - And to you.
这是什么 -你也是
Anna, this is for you.
安娜 这是给你的
The usual cloth for a frock, I'm afraid.
和往年惯例一样 做衣服用的布料
But I hope you like the other thing.
但我希望你会喜欢另一份礼物
I'm sure I will, m'lady. Thank you.
一定会的 小姐 谢谢
We all prayed for him in church this morning.
今早我们都去了教堂为他祈祷
Happy Christmas, Anna.
圣诞快乐 安娜
I can't wait for you to open this.
等不及看你打开礼物了
Thank you, Your Ladyship.
谢谢您 夫人
Happy Christmas.
圣诞快乐
- What did Her Ladyship say? - O'Brien?
夫人对你说了什么 -奥布瑞恩
She was just being kind.
就是些安慰的话
Happy Christmas.
圣诞快乐
I wish I could tell you not to worry.
真希望我能说不必担心这样的话
My husband's on trial for his life, mrs Hughes.
我丈夫的生死将由庭审定夺 休斯太太
Of course I worry.
我当然会担心
Well, I'm old-fashioned enough to believe that
反正我这种老套之人的想法是
if they can't prove him guilty,
如果他们没有足够证据定他的罪
then he's not.
那他就是清白的
- This is for you. - Thank you, m'lady.
这是给你的 -谢谢夫人
The Royal Families of Europe.
《欧洲皇室生活》
My... I shall find this very interesting, my Lord.
老天 我会非常喜欢这本书的 老爷
Good.
很好
I don't want to spoil their fun.
我不想扫了他们的兴
But I couldn't wear a paper hat.
但我实在没心情戴纸帽子
Not with poor Mr Bates locked away.
一想到可怜的贝茨先生还关在牢里
His Lordship said much the same.
老爷也说了这样的话
Is Mr Bates the one Lady Rosamund told me about?
贝茨先生就是之前罗斯孟德夫人和我提起的
The murderer.
那位谋杀犯吗
Mr Bates has most unjustly been accused of murder.
贝茨先生受到了不公正的指控
That is all.
仅此而已
All?!
而已
I should think that's quite enough for most people.
我想这对大多数人来说就足矣了
Thank you. - Would you like tea?
谢谢 -来喝点茶吗
Why do we have to help ourselves at luncheon?
为何午饭时间我们得凡事自己动手
It's a Downton tradition.
这是唐顿的传统
They have their feast at lunchtime
仆人们的宴会在中午办
and we have ours in the evening.
而我们的在晚上
Why can't they have their lunch early and then serve us
那他们为何不早点进餐然后服侍我们
like they nornally do?
就像平常一样
Because it's Christmas Day.
因为今天是圣诞节
It's not how we'll do it at Haxby.
我们将来在哈克斯比可不会如此行事
Which I can easily believe.
这我不难相信
Oh, this is ni... This is... What is it?
这是...这是...这是什么
What does it look like?
看起来像什么
Something for getting stones out of horses' hooves.
用来给马蹄挑小石子的吗
It's a nutcracker. We thought you'd like it.
这是胡桃钳子 我们觉得你会喜欢的
To crack your nuts.
夹碎坚果用的(nut 也指难对付的人)
Who's coming on New Year's Day?
这次新年有谁要来
The usual guns.
还是那些猎手
Us three and some locals.
我们三人以及一些本地人
You'll know all of them.
你都认识
Have you asked Anthony Strallan?
您邀请安东尼·斯特兰了吗
I tried. In fact, I gave him three dates
邀请过 事实上我提了三个日期
but he said no to all of them.
但他都拒绝了
Perhaps he's given it up.
他或许是放弃狩猎了
But he was so keen before the war.
但在战前他对此很积极啊
Perhaps he's had enough banging for one life.
或许是这辈子听够了碰碰的枪声吧
Oh, and Rosamund's forced me to invite Lord Hepworth.
而且罗斯孟德非要我邀请海浦沃斯勋爵
Really?
是吗
I told him I was coming down here
我告诉他我会来这里
and he dropped hint after hint!
然后他就不断暗示我想来
Perhaps he has nowhere to go.
也许他无处可去
It can be a lonely time of year.
每逢佳节倍思亲 难免会觉得孤单
Jinks Hepworth lonely? I find that hard to believe.
说海浦沃斯家的人会孤单 真是难以置信
Hepworth men don't go in for loneliness much.
姓海浦沃斯的生来就和孤单沾不上边
How do you know him?
您怎么认识他的
I knew his father in the late Sixties.
六十年代末时我认识他父亲
Mais ou sont les neiges d'antan?
昔日的雪已无影踪[著名法国诗句]
Isobel told me you were telephoning for news of Mr Swire.
伊泽贝尔告诉我你在打听斯维尔先生的情况
How is he? - Not Good.
他怎么样了 -很不乐观
I am catching the train first thing in the morning.
明天一早我就乘火车离开
- I hope I'm in time. - Is it as bad as that?
希望还来得及 -这么严重吗
I'm so sorry.
太遗憾了
Matthew is going to London tomorrow.
马修明天去伦敦
Lavinia's father is ill.
拉维尼娅的父亲病了
Better warn Robert if you'll miss the shoot.
你要是赶不回来打猎 最好和罗伯特打个招呼
I'll be back by New Year's Day.
元旦时我会回来的
He won't last that long, I'm afraid.
只怕他撑不了那么久了
Forgive me if I'm casting a gloom.
请原谅我扫了兴
Don't be silly.
别傻了
We're all under the shadow of Bates's trial.
大家本就处在贝茨受审一事的阴霾当中
Will any of you have to testify?
你们有谁需要去作证吗
Only Papa and some of the servants.
只有爸爸和一些仆人需要去
But I'm going to support Anna.
但我也会去 支持安娜
Would you like me to come with you?
要我和你一同前往吗
To explain what's happening.
到时为你解释庭审的规矩
Or will you do that?
还是你会去陪她
Richard wants to go back to work the day after the shoot.
理查德想在打猎第二天就回去工作
- Don't you? - Yes, I do.
不是吗 -对 没错
Now, Thomas.
好了 托马斯
What's this?
这是什么
- It's a board for planchette. - What's that?
-是"碟仙"用的占卜板 -那又是什么
A game. Well, not quite a game,
一种游戏 其实也不完全是
more a method of communication.
应该说是用来沟通的
How? - Never mind.
怎么玩 -无所谓了
I'll take it if you like.
不介意就给我吧
Sybil's favourite.
茜玻最喜欢这个了
A happy Christmas to us all!
祝我们大家圣诞快乐
Happy Christmas!
圣诞快乐
Don't forget to make a wish.
别忘了许愿
Let's all make a wish.
大家一起来许愿吧
A wish and a prayer.
许愿也是祈祷
Is this about Bates again?
又是贝茨那件事是吗
My new maid says the servants' hall is full of it.
我的新女仆说仆人都在说这事
How terrible it is.
真是可怕啊
We mustn't lose faith. He's been wrongly accused.
我们不能丧失信心 他是被冤枉的
I'm sure you hope so.
你自然希望是如此
We know so.
我们知道事实如此
How has Mr Murray managed to have the trial held in York?
莫里先生是怎样把案子移到约克审的
I don't know, but thank God he has.
我不清楚 但幸好他办到了
- And he's confident? - He seems to be.
他有信心吗 -看起来是的
Lawyers are always confident before the verdict.
裁决下来之前律师们总是自信满满
It's only afterwards they share their doubts.
只有事后才说他们也无十足把握
Is anyone there?
有人在吗
Is anyone there?
有人在吗
You must take it seriously, otherwise they'll be offended.
你们要认真才行 否则会冒犯他们
- What is it? - We're talking to the dead.
这是什么 -我们在和死人谈话
But how? They can't talk back.
怎么谈 他们又不能回话
They can.
他们可以
That's the whole point.
为的就是这个
Come on, Daisy.
来吧 黛西
No, I don't think it's right.
不 我觉得这样做不对
If you'll all be quiet, I'll try again.
请你们都别出声 我再试一次
Is there anyone there?
有人在吗
Yes, someone is there.
是的 有人在
What is going on?
这里怎么回事
We're just playing a game.
我们在玩一个游戏
An unsuitable game, Miss O'Brien.
这游戏不合时宜 奥布瑞恩小姐
Especially on Christmas night.
尤其是在圣诞节
Please put it away at once.
请立刻收起来
I'm surprised at you, Daisy.
你真令我吃惊 黛西
Are you sure there's nothing in it?
您确定这里面没什么玄机吗
Quite sure, thank you.
非常肯定 谢谢
Don't you believe in spirits, then?
那您不相信鬼魂的存在了 对吧
Well, I don't believe they play board games.
我不相信他们会玩桌上游戏
You're reading.
你在读书
For heavens' sakes, yes, I'm reading.
拜托 我当然是在读书
It's a book title.
要猜的是个书名
- No talking. - I know, but honestly!
不准说话 -我懂 不过真是的
Five words.
共五个单词
Fourth word.
第四个词
Two syllables.
有两个音节
First syllable.
第一个音节
- Fighting! - Banging!
打斗 -猛击
Drum!
打鼓
They'll never get it. They'll never get it.
他们肯定猜不到 永远都猜不到了
Shake! Mad!
摇手 发疯
Do you always play charades on Christmas night?
你们总在圣诞夜玩猜字谜吗
This isn't charades, this is the game.
这不单纯是猜字谜 是在玩游戏
Trip! Trip!
绊倒 绊倒
do you enjoy these games - Fall.
你喜欢这种游戏吗 -跌落
in which the player must appear ridiculous?
参与的人必须弄得自己一副滑稽相
Sir Richard, life is a game
理查德爵士 人生就是场游戏
in which the player must appear ridiculous.
而我们都得一副滑稽相
Not in my life.
我的人生可不会如此
Fall past.
跌倒 晕倒
Fell! Wildfell!
菲尔 怀尔德菲尔
The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall!
《怀尔德菲尔府的房客》
Isis!
艾西斯
Richard, your turn. Come on.
理查德 该你了 来吧
How soon your maxim will be tested.
这么快就要验证你的座右铭了
If Mr Bates should not come back...
如果贝茨先生回不来...
I am not replacing Bates.
我是不会找人顶替他的
What were you going to say?
你刚才想说什么
Only that I know that Thomas is keen to be promoted.
只是我知道 托马斯急切地想升职
The trouble is,
问题是
being dressed and undressed is an intimate business.
服侍我穿衣是很私密的工作
We've forgiven Thomas his early sins, I know.
我们虽然已原谅了托马斯以前的所作所为
But I cannot imagine I would ever quite feel trust.
但我想我很难再对他感到信任
Say no more, my Lord.
无需多言 老爷
I'm sure Mr Bates will be home soon,
我相信贝茨先生很快就会回来
which will settle the matter.
而一切也就随之迎刃而解了
We're running out of time now.
我们快没时间了
Did you make all that?
这都是你做的吗
Yes, why?
是的 怎么了
And you're still only the kitchen maid?
而你仍然只是一名厨房女仆
I don't know what I am.
我不知道这具体叫做什么
You could be a sous chef at least in London.
你在伦敦都可以当副厨师长了
I don't know what a sous jeff is.
我不知道副厨"十丈"是什么
Or a cook.
或者厨师
Maybe not in a house like this.
也许不能在这样的大宅里当差
But you wouldn't have to go far down the ladder
但也不用像在这儿 没等有谁催你
before they'd snap you up.
就一溜烟跑下楼了
Daisy, find Thomas and tell him the tea's ready to go up.
黛西 你去告诉托马斯 茶已经准备好了
Then we should get started
然后我们就该开始着手准备
on the mixture for the cheese souffles.
乳酪蛋奶酥的面糊了
Does Daisy cook the souffles too?
乳酪蛋奶酥也是黛西做吗
What's it to you?
关你什么事
What do you mean, you've invited Anthony Strallan?
您说邀请了安东尼·斯特兰是什么意思
I thought it was just us.
我以为只有我们
Oh, getting important!
他也把自己当大人物了
He never used to use a chauffeur.
他以前可从不雇司机的
Well, you were so disappointed
你听说他不能来打猎时
that he wouldn't come shooting.
不是还很失望的吗
Good afternoon, Lady Grantham.
下午好 老夫人
Lady Edith!
伊迪丝小姐
What a charming surprise.
真是个美好的惊喜
It's been far too long.
我们太久没见了
It's so nice to see you.
见到你真的很高兴
It's such a relief to see any of our friends
能见到我们任何一位朋友毫发无损地
who've made it through unscathed.
度过战争都令人宽慰
I'm afraid I haven't quite.
恐怕我不是毫发无损
I took a bullet in the wrong place.
我被一颗子弹打中了关键部位
Seems to have knocked out my right arm.
导致我右边的胳膊瘫痪了
But not forever surely?
但肯定不会永远瘫着吧
The upshot is, I'm afraid,
恐怕确实是这样
the wretched thing is now no use to man or beast.
这可怜的胳膊现在是毫无用处了
Well, now we know why you didn't want to come shooting.
现在我们知道你为什么不想来打猎了
Indeed.
是啊
So how is everyone?
大家还好吗
Lady Sybil is married, I hear.
我听说 茜玻小姐结婚了
Living in Ireland.
住在爱尔兰
How was the wedding? - Quiet.
婚礼怎么样 -很低调
It was in Dublin. They didn't want a big affair.
在都柏林办的 他们不想要大场面
Did you all get over?
你们都去了吗
Mary and I did. Papa...
我和玛丽去了 爸爸
No, we were all ill.
没有 我们都病了
Isn't it sad?
很遗憾 不是吗
What's he like?
他是什么样的人
He's political.
他很热心于政治
As long as he's on the right side!
只要他立场没错就行
So does he shoot?
他懂枪法吗
- I'm... sure he does. - But I don't think pheasants.
我想他肯定懂 -但恐怕不打野鸡
Mr Murray thinks a reference from an earl will go in my favour.
莫里先生认为有位伯爵帮我说话对我是有利的
I'm not sure such things matter when it comes to murder.
但我想在谋杀案上这大概也没多少用处
I think it will help.
我觉得能帮上一点的
Because you want to think so.
那是你希望如此
Anna, you must prepare for the worst.
安娜 你必须对最坏的结果有所准备
I'm not saying it will happen, but you must prepare for it.
我不能说一定会那样 但你必须准备好
I know it could happen.
我知道那是可能的
I do.
我知道
But the time to face it is after it has happened.
但面对这个结果 应该在它已经发生之后
And not before.
而不是之前
Grant me that?
同意吗
Lady Grantham, Lady Rosamund.
格兰瑟姆夫人 罗斯孟德夫人
Hello, Lord Hepworth. Welcome.
你好 海浦沃斯勋爵 欢迎
Thank you.
谢谢
Will your man be coming on from the station, my Lord?
您的男仆是从火车站过来吗 老爷
I haven't got one with me.
我没有带男仆来
Is that a nuisance? I'm so sorry.
这会造成什么不便吗 我很抱歉
Not at all, my Lord.
完全不会 老爷
Thomas will take care of you while you're here.
您留宿期间 托马斯会照顾您
Splendid.
好极了
do come in. - Thank you.
进来吧 -谢谢
This came for you in the evening post.
你的信 跟晚报一起送到的
It's from Sybil.
是茜玻寄来的
You must go up and change.
你得上楼更衣了
So what do you make of Rosamund's pal?
你觉得罗斯孟德的那位朋友怎么样
He seems agreeable enough.
他还挺招人喜欢的
I suspect he's in the profession of making himself agreeable.
我怀疑他是把显得招人喜欢作为职业了
O'Brien says Rosamund's maid speaks very highly of him.
奥布瑞恩说罗斯孟德的女仆对他评价很高
That seems a good reference to me.
我觉得这就足够好了
What is it?
出什么事了
Sybil's pregnant!
茜玻怀孕了
I see.
我知道了
So that's it, then.
所以 事情已成定局
No return. She's crossed the Rubicon.
不能回头了 她已经破釜沉舟了
She crossed it when she married him, Robert.
她嫁给他的时候就已经回不了头了 罗伯特
She says we're not to tell anyone, not even the girls.
她说不要告诉任何人 她的姐姐们也别告诉
I wondered why she didn't ask to come for Christmas.
我还想她为什么不提回来过圣诞
Would you have allowed it?
你会让他们来吗
Well, well.
好吧 好吧
So we're to have a Fenian grandchild.
我们要有一个芬尼亚社的外孙了(芬尼亚社: 一个爱尔兰民族主义者团体致力于推翻英国人对爱尔兰的统治)
Cheer up.
开心点
Come the revolution,
假如革命爆发
it may be useful to have a contact on the other side.
能跟对方攀上关系或许是有好处的
Oh, I say. This is very cosy, isn't it?
我说 这挺惬意 不是吗
What is?
什么挺惬意
To find ourselves next door.
你我毗邻而住
I'm not certain it's quite proper to remark on such things.
我不确定谈论这种事情是否合适
you remember my maid, Shore. - Certainly I do.
还记得我的女仆吗 肖 -当然记得
I hope they've got a jolly party planned downstairs.
但愿他们在楼下组织了一场欢乐的聚会
Why would they?
何出此言
Because it's New year's Eve, of course.
当然是因为这是新年夜嘛
Oh, that. I doubt it, my Lord.
这样啊 好像没有 老爷
But I don't mind, I make my own fun.
不过我不介意 我会自己找乐子的
If that's everything, my Lady,
夫人 如果没别的事
I'll go down now and see you after midnight.
我就先下去了 过了午夜再来服侍您
Thank you.
谢谢
I wish I could say the same.
我也很想那么说
Only joking.
开玩笑的
- I wonder if she'll remember me. - Oh, she will.
我想她可能不会记得我的 -她会的
Good evening, Lady Grantham.
晚上好 老夫人
I don't suppose you remember me.
我想您可能不记得我了
Of course I do. Oh, how is dear Hatton?
我当然记得 海顿庄园怎么样了
I have such happy memories of it from the old days.
我以前在那里留下了很多快乐的回忆
I'm not often there, not since my mother died.
我不常去那 自从我母亲去世后就不常去了
Perhaps it needs a woman's touch.
也许它需要有个女人来打理
Don't we all?
我们不是都需要吗
How very like your father you are!
你真的太像你父亲了
It's almost as if he were standing here before me!
简直像他就站在我面前似的
I hope you'll come to tea.
希望你能来喝茶
Then we can talk about him.
我们就可以一起谈谈他了
I should love it, Lady Grantham. If they'll release me.
我很乐意 老夫人 只要他们肯放我过来
They'll release you.
他们会放你来的
What are those for?
这些是干什么用的
We have a glass of wine at midnight on New Year's Eve.
我们在新年夜的午夜都会喝一杯葡萄酒
Very civilised.
真是太高雅了
In my last place, we were expected to be
我之前的那家 不管是不是新年夜
upstairs and serving, New Year's Eve or not.
我们都得待在楼上伺候主人
Were you not a lady's maid, then?
你那会儿还不是贴身女仆吗
How long have you been with Lady Rosamund,
你跟着罗斯孟德夫人多久了
Miss Shore?
肖小姐
Two months.
两个月
Oh, I see. Quite a new girl.
这样啊 还是个新人嘛
I can read Mr Carson's hint.
我明白卡森先生的意思
His Lordship doesn't trust me.
老爷他不信任我
Because of the stealing, you mean.
你是说因为偷窃
So what should I do?
我应该怎么办
Get him to trust you.
让他信任你
That's easy to say. But how?
说起来容易 但要怎么做呢
Make him grateful.
做点让他感激你的事
Do him a good turn.
有恩与他
Hide something he loves, and find it and give it back.
把他喜欢的东西藏起来 再找出来还给他
Miss O'Brien!
奥布瑞恩小姐
Not long now. Does everyone have a glass?
快到午夜了 大家都有酒了吗
Anthony Strallan was at Grannie's for tea the other day.
安东尼·斯特兰那天来奶奶家喝茶
So I know why he wouldn't shoot.
所以我知道他为什么不来打猎
He's hurt his arm.
他胳膊受伤了
Shame. Well, we shall try again next year.
真可惜 不过我们可以明年再邀他
I am sorry I started that.
我真后悔是我牵的头
Now don't encourage it.
别再提这事了
She'd spend her life as a nursemaid.
不然她要当一辈子保姆了
He's got no use.
他已经残废了
Once again,
又一次
the servants are downstairs and we're on our own.
仆人们都在楼下而我们要自己动手
In the whole year, we fend for ourselves
整整一年 我们只有在
at Christmas lunch and on New Year's Eve.
圣诞节午餐上和
展开阅读全文