资源描述
《朗文快捷英语教程》的功能语句选编(一)
《朗文快捷英语教程》的功能语句选编
Greeting People 打招呼
Hello. 喂[您好]。
Hi. 嗨[您好]。
(Hi!) How are you? Fine. [ Fine, thanks.] (嗨!)您好(吗)?很好,谢谢。
How are things? Fine, thanks [Good, All right]. 近来好吗?很好,谢谢。
How are you today? Fine. [ Fine, thanks.] 今天好吗?很好。[很好,谢谢。]
How are you doing? Pretty good. 过得怎么样?挺不错。
How do you do? 您好。(首次见面)
Hello. Is this Mr. Johnson? 您好。您是Johnson先生吗?
Hello, Fred? This is Jackie. 您好。是Fred吗?我是Jackie。
I’m pleased [glad] to meet you. Nice to meet you, too. 很高兴见到您。我也很高兴见到您。
Nice to meet you. [It’s nice to meet you.] [It’s nice meeting you.] 很高兴见到您。
Nice meeting you, too. 我也很高兴见到您。
Welcome to Burger Town. 欢迎光临Burger Town(快餐店)。
Leave Taking 道别 farewell
Bye. 再见。
Bye-bye. 再见。
Good-bye. 再见。
See you soon. (希望很快)再见。
So long. 再见。
Speak to you soon. 稍后再交谈。
Take care. 保重。[再见。]
Take it easy. 再见。[祝你过得轻松愉快。]
《朗文快捷英语教程》的功能语句选编(二)
Have a good weekend! You, too. 祝您周末愉快!也祝您周末愉快。
Have a nice day. 祝您全天愉快。
I’ll call back later. 稍后我将回电话。
I’ll call you soon. 我很快将给您打电话。
I’m glad we had a chance to talk. 我很高兴我们有交谈的机会。
Nice seeing you. Nice seeing you, too. 很高兴见到您。我也很高兴见到您。
I have to go now. [I have to get going. I have to run.] 我必须走了。[我得走了。]
I think I should be going [get going, be on my way] now. I should be going, too.
我想我现在该走了。我也该走了。
I’d better go now. 我最好现在就走。
I’ve really got to go now. [I’ve got to be going now. I’ve got to get going. I’ve got to run.]
我现在真的该走了。
It’s been really nice seeing you again. 能与您再次见面我真高兴。
Let’s get together soon. 让我们不久后再相聚。
Let’s keep [stay] in touch. 让我们保持联系。
Introductions 作介绍
Introducing Oneself 自我介绍
My name is Carlos. 我的名字是Carlos。
(Hello.) I’m Kim. (您好。)我是Kim。
Let me introduce myself. 请让我来作自我介绍。
I’m your neighbor. 我是您的邻居。
Introducing Others 介绍他人
I’d like to introduce… 我想介绍一下……
I’d like to introduce you to my husband, Michael. 请让我向您介绍我的丈夫Michael。
I’d like you to meet… 我想请您认识一下……
Let me introduce… 让我介绍一下……
Let me introduce you to… 让我把您介绍给……
This is… 这一位是……
Gratitude 表达感激和赞赏
Expressing… 表达感激
Thank you. 谢谢您。
Thank you for letting me know. 谢谢您告诉我。
Thank you very much. 非常感谢。
Thanks. 多谢。
Thanks for warning me [the warning]. 谢谢您提醒我。
Thanks a lot. 多谢。
Thanks for telling me. 谢谢您告诉我。
Thanks very much. 非常感谢。
I (really) appreciate it [that]. 我十分感激。
That’s very kind of you. 多谢您的好心。
Responding to… 对感激、感谢的反应
My pleasure. 不客气。[我很乐意。]
You’re welcome. 不客气。[不用谢。]
Apologizing 道歉
Excuse me. 对不起。[请原谅。]
I apologize. 我很抱歉。
I apologize for [I’m sorry for] the inconvenience. 我很抱歉给您带来了不便。
Sorry for the inconvenience. 很抱歉给您带来了不便。
I’m sorry. 很抱歉。
Please accept my apology. 请接受我的道抱歉。
Please forgive me. 请原谅我。
Sorry. 对不起。[很抱歉。]
I’m sorry, but I’m new here. 对不起,我是初来乍到。
I’m sorry. I didn’t know [realize] that. [I wasn’t aware of that.] 对不起,我没留意到。
I’m sorry that I couldn’t work overtime yesterday. 真对不起,昨天我没能加班。
I’m sorry to bother you. 我很抱歉打扰了您。
I hate to bother you. 我真不愿打扰您。
Attracting(Focusing) Attention 引起注意
Excuse me. 对不起。[劳驾。][打扰了。]
Pardon me. 对不起。[劳驾。]
Excuse me, but I don’t think you’re allowed to… 对不起。不过我认为这里不允许……
Honestly [To be honest with you, To tell the truth], I’d rather not have to call the Health Department. 说实在的,我并不情愿打电话到卫生部(投诉)。
If you ask me,… 如果您问我,……
In my opinion, they should have more buses on this route.
依我看,他们本应增发这条路线的公共汽车。
As I see it,… 依我看,……
As far as I’m concerned,… 就我所关心的,……
I personally feel [think],… 我个人的感受[想法]是……
The way I see it,… 我的看法是,……
It seems to me (that)… 依我看,……
Let me mention that we offer a very good installment plan.
我想说明的是,我们提供一个很优惠的分期付款计划。
Let me point out some of its special features. 让我指出它的一些独特的特点。
Notice (that) the controls are all computerized. 请注意,控制系统完全是电脑化的。
I should (also) point out (that) an AM-FM stereo radio is included.
我还想指出,(车上)配有调幅—调频立体声收音机。
You know, you promised to fix it several weeks ago. 要知道,几星期前您就答应过修理它的。
Requests表达请求
Can [Could] you help me? 您能给我帮个忙吗?[您能帮助我吗?]
Could you do me a favor? 您能给我帮个忙吗?[您能帮助我吗?]
Could you do a favor for me? 您能给我帮个忙吗?[您能帮助我吗?]
Could I ask you a favor? 您能给我帮个忙吗?[您能帮助我吗?]
Can you show me a less expensive one? 您能给我看一种便宜点儿的吗?
Could I ask you for the recipe? 能把菜谱告诉我吗?
Could I [possibly] ask you to help me jump-start my car? 能请您帮我把汽车(跳火)发动吗?
Could you lend me a hammer? 您能借给我一把锤子吗?
Could you please give this report to Mr. Lewis? 您能把这份报告交给Lewis先生吗?
Could you possibly lend me a cup of sugar? 您能借给我一杯糖吗?
Do you think you could give me a lift downtown? 请问您能让我坐您的便车去市中心吗?
If it’s not too much trouble. 如果不太麻烦您的话。
If you don’t mind. 如果您不介意(的话)。
If you wouldn’t mind. 如果您不介意(的话)。
It’s too bad [It’s a shame] you didn’t see it. 真不巧[真可惜]您没看到它。
Please ask her to call me. 请转告她让她给我打电话。
Please don’t play your radio on the bus. 请不要在公共汽车上播放收音机。
Please give this to Mr. Hernandez (as soon as possible). 请(尽快)把这件东西交给
Hernandez 先生。
Please insure it for fifty dollars. 请把它按50美元的金额保险。
Will [Would] you please do it as soon as possible. 请您尽快地完成它。
Would you possibly be willing to let me go with just a warning?
《朗文快捷英语教程》的功能语句选编(三)
请求您只给我一次警告并放我走好吗?
Responding to Requests 对请求的反应
Okay. 好的。[行。]
All right. 好的。[行。]
Sure. 好的。[行。]
Of course. 当然可以。
No problem. 没问题。
Certainly. 当然可以。[行。]
By all means. 没问题。[我会尽力而为的。]
I’ll be happy [glad] to. 我乐意。
I’d be happy to [I’d be glad to] lend you a hammer. 我愿意[乐意]把锤子借给您。
Offering to help 提供帮助
Making an Offer 主动提出帮助
Can [May] I help you? 我能帮您做什么吗?[需要帮忙吗?]
Let me help you. 让我帮您一个忙。
What can I do for you? 我能帮您做什么吗?[需要帮忙吗?]
Would you like me to set up the conference room? 您想让我来布置会议室吗?
Can I help you take out the garbage? 需要我帮您把垃圾带出去吗?
Can I give you a hand taking out the garbage? 我帮您把垃圾带出去好吗?
Do you want me to get that man’s car? 您需要我帮您把那位先生的车开过来吗?
Do you want [need] any help tuning up your car? 需要我帮忙把汽车保养好吗?
Would you like to leave a message? 您想留下口信吗?
I’d be happy [glad] to. 我将很乐意帮忙。
I’d be happy [glad] to help. 我将很乐意帮忙。
I’d be happy [glad] to give you a hand. 我将很乐意帮您一把。
I’d be happy to set it up. 我将很乐意去布置好。
If there’s anything I can do to help [If I can help in any way, If I can be of any help], please let me know. 如果我能帮上什么忙的话,请告诉我好了。
Responding to an Offer 对他人提出帮助的反应
Are you sure you don’t mind? 您确实不介意吗?
If it’s no trouble. 如果不太麻烦的话,劳驾了。
If you wouldn’t mind. 如果您不介意的话,劳驾了。
No. That’s okay. 不,没问题。
(Sure.) If you don’t mind. (当然好。)如果您不介意的话。
Thanks. I (really) appreciate it. 谢谢。真感谢您。
That would be great. 那真是太好了。
Well, all right. 那么,好吧。[哦,好的。]
Yes, please. 是的,请帮忙。
Asking for Repetition 请求重复
Would you repeat that? [Would you say that again?] 请您重复一遍好吗?
Could you please say that again? 能请您再说一遍吗?
Could you repeat the last part [that part]? 您能把最后一部分[那一部分]重复一遍吗?
Excuse me? 请原谅。[我没听明白。]
Pardon (me)? 对不起,我没听清楚。
Huh? 嗯?
I didn’t get the last step. 我没弄明白最后一步。
I forgot the last part. 我忘记最后一步了。
I’m sorry. Could you please repeat that [the last step]? 对不起,请您重复一下[最后一步]好吗?
(I’m sorry.) I didn’t get that. (对不起,)我没有听明白。
(I’m sorry.) I didn’t hear you. What did you say? (对不起,)我没听清楚(您的话)。您说什么?
What did you say? 您说什么?
What was that? 那是什么意思?[那指的是什么?]
What’s that? 那是什么意思?[那指的是什么?]
Sympathizing 表达同情
I’m (very) sorry to hear that. 听到这件事我很难过。
I’m very (so) sorry. 我很遗憾[难过]。
That’s [What] a shame! 真遗憾![真可惜!]
That’s too bad! 真糟糕![太遗憾了!]
What a [That’s a] pity! 真可怜!
Regret 表达遗憾
Expressing… 表达
I regret that I transferred. 我很后悔调动工作。
I regret transferring. 我很后悔调动工作。
I’m sorry about transferring. 我对调动工作很遗憾。
I’m sorry that I transferred. 我很遗憾我调动工作了。
I wish I hadn’t done it. 我真希望我没有做(这件事)。
I’m afraid I’m busy. 恐怕我会很忙。
Warning 提醒或警告
Be careful! 小心点儿![留神!]
Careful! 小心点儿![留神!]
Look out! 瞧着点儿![留神!]
Watch out! 瞧着点儿![留神!]
You might start a fire. 您有可能引起火灾的。
You’d better not block the doorway! 您最好不要挡住过道。
You’d better watch your step! 您最好脚下留神。
Initiating a Topic or Conversations 引起一个话题或对话
Did you hear the news? 您听到新闻了吗?
Can I ask you a question [something]? 我能问您一个问题[一件事]吗?
What’s new (with you)? Nothing much. How about you? (您)有什么新鲜事儿吗?不多。您呢?
What’s happening (with you)? (您)发生什么事儿了?
Tell me, how did your parents enjoy their vacation? 告诉我,您的父母度假过得怎么样?
[Hello.] May I please speak to Betty? [您好。] 请问我能和Betty通话吗?
[Hello.] Can I please speak to Mrs. Jenkins? [喂。]请问我能和Jenkins夫人通话吗?
Hello. I’d like to speak to Julie, if she’s there. 您好。如果Julie在的话,我想和她通话。
Hello, Steve? This is Carol. 喂。是Steve吗?我是Carol。
You’re new here, aren’t you? 您是新来的,不是吗?
You must be our new neighbor,… 您想必是我们的新邻居,……
I have some good news. 我有条好消息。
I’m wondering… 我在想……
I’ve been meaning to ask you… 我一直在打算问您……
Before you begin your new job, I’d like to tell you about… 在您开始新工作之前,我想告诉您…
You know, I knocked on your door several times last week. 要知道,上周我敲过您家的门好几次。
You seem upset. 您看上去很心烦。
Certainty/Uncertainty 表达肯定/不肯定
Inquiring about… 询问
Are you sure (that’s right)? 您能肯定(那是对的)吗?
Are you sure [certain, positive] about that? 您能确信[肯定]吗?
Do you really think so? 您真的那样认为吗?
Are you sure [certain, positive] you have the correct address? 您确信您的地址是对的吗?
Expressing… 表示肯定/不肯定
Absolutely! 当然![绝对肯定!][毫无疑问!]
Definitely! 当然![绝对肯定!][毫无疑问!]
Positively! 当然![绝对肯定!][毫无疑问!]
I think so. 我认为如此。[我是那样想的。]
I don’t know (for sure). 我不敢肯定。
I’m sure [certain]. 我确信。
I’m [I’m not] positive. 我敢[我不敢]肯定。
I’m a hundred percent sure. 我敢百分之百地肯定。[我完全确信。]
I’m not sure(yet). 我(还)不敢肯定。[我(还)不能确信。]
I’m pretty sure (it’s supposed to be very warm). 我确信(天气将会很暖和)。
I’m sure I can learn quickly. 我相信我很快就能学会。
Gee, I don’t think so. 嘿,我不那样认为。
I believe I was charged too much. 我敢肯定向我收的费用太高了。
I don’t think [I’m not sure, I don’t know if] we can afford it. 我不能肯定我们是否负担得起。
I think there’s a mistake on my electric bill. 我认为我的电费账单上出错了。
《朗文快捷英语教程》的功能语句选编(四)
Checking and Indicating Understanding 检查和表达是否理解
Checking Another Person’s Understanding 检查他人是否理解
Are you following me so far? 您听明白了我所讲的吗?
Are you with me so far? 上面我说的您都听懂了吗?
Do you follow me? 您听明白我的意思了吗?
Have you got (all) that [it]? 我的意思您都明白?
Okay (so far)? (现在)清楚了吗?
Checking One’s Own Understanding 检查自己是否理解
A can of tuna fish,a loaf of white bread,and a head of lettuce. 一听金枪鱼、一条面包和一棵莴苣。
A quart? (Around the corner?) 是一夸脱吗?(在拐弯处吗?)
On Main Street? 在中央大街吗?
Was that Aisle D? 那是货道D吗?
Did you say [Was that] Edward Pratt? 您是说[是叫]Edward Pratt吗?
I’m sorry. Did you say the Second Avenue bus? 对不起,您是说第二大道的公共汽车吗?
Let me [Let’s] see. 让我[我们]想一想。
Let me see if I understand [if I’ve got that]. 让我想一下我是否已经明白了。
Okay. Let’s see…a size 36 black belt. 好的。让我想一下……一条尺码36的黑皮带。
Okay. That’s a hamburger, ansgroupsof French fries, and a cup of coffee.
好的。一共要一个汉堡包、一份炸薯条和一杯咖啡。
That’s a pound of roast beef and a dozen rolls. 一共是1磅烤牛肉和1打面包卷。
Indicating Understanding 表示理解
(Oh, )I see. (噢,)我明白了。[我知道了。]
I’m with you. 我听得懂(您说的)。
(Oh. Now) I understand. (噢,现在)我懂了。
(Now) I’ve got it. [Now I see.] (现在)我明白了。[现在我知道了。]
I’m following you. [I follow you.] 我听得懂(您说的)。
Yes. 是的。
That’s right. 没错。[是的。]
Okay. 明白。
Uh-huh. 啊—哈。
Um-hmm. 唔—哼。
Interrupting 打断他人(的话)
Excuse me [Forgive me] for interrupting, but… 请原谅我打断一下,不过……
Sorry for interrupting [Sorry to interrupt], but… 很抱歉打断您(的话),不过……
I’m sorry to interrupt [I’m sorry for interrupting], but we’re out of fries.
很抱歉,打断一下,不过薯条一点儿都没有了。
Hesitating 表达犹豫
Let’s see (now). (现在)让我想想。
Let me see [think]. 让我想想。
Let me think for a minute. 让我想片刻。
Well, let me see. 那么,让我想想。
Well, I’m not really sure. 唷,我还不完全确定[有把握]。
I don’t knowswheresto begin. 我一时不知道从哪儿说起。
Gee…uh. 哎呀……呃。
Hmm. 嗯。
Uh… 呃……
Well, uh… 这个,呃……
Preference 表达喜好或偏好
Inquiring about… 询问
Which refrigerator do you like? 您喜欢哪一台冰箱?
What would you prefer to do? 您喜欢做什么事情?
What would you rather do? 您宁愿做什么事情?
Would you prefer rice or a baked potato? 您喜欢米饭还是烤土豆?
Expressing… 表达
I like this one. 我喜欢这一个。
I’d prefer a baked potato. 我点烤土豆。
I’d prefer to [I’d rather] go at 7:10. 我想[我宁愿]7:10去。
I think I’d prefer to go to the town pool. 我想我更愿意去市镇游泳池。
I think I’d rather go to the rink. 我想我宁愿去旱冰场。
I’d rather watch Dr. Goodbody. 我情愿看“健康博士”。
I’d rather not [I’d prefer not to] have to call the Health Department.
我不情愿迫不得已地打电话向卫生部投诉。
You can fill it out here or take it home, if you like [you prefer, you’d like, you’d prefer]. 如果您愿意,您可以在这里或带回家填写那份表格。
Permission 表达允许
Inquiring about Permissibility 询问是否允许
Are you allowed to swim here? 这里允许游泳吗?
Are you [people] permitted to use the fireplace? 允许人们使用壁炉吗?
Is taking pictures allowed [permitted] here? 这里允许拍照吗?
Is it all right [Is it okay] to play music late at night? 深夜播放音乐行吗?
Are dogs allowed? Yes, I believe they are. 允许养狗吗?是的,我想可以。
Can I park my car here? 我能把车停在这儿吗?
Could I possibly leave an hour early today? Of course you can…
今天我能早走一小时吗?当然可以。
Indicating Permissibility 表明允许或不允许
Yes, it is [they are, you are]. 可以。[允许。]
Yes, you can. [Yes, you are.] 可以。[允许。]
No, it isn’t [they aren’t, you aren’t]. 不,不允许。
No, you can’t. [No, you aren’t.] 不,不允许。[不能。]
You aren’t allowed to park here. 这里不许人们停靠汽车。
I don’t think jaywalking is allowed [permitted]. 我不认为随意横穿马路是允许的。
I don’t think you’re [people are] allowed [permitted] to hang your clothes there.
我不认为允许人们在那儿晾衣服。
Tenants aren’t permitted to hang laundry on the balcony. 房客不许在阳台上晾衣服。
Obligation 表达责任和义务
I’ve got to go now [pick up my wife at the office]. 现在我该走了[去我妻子的办公室接她了]。
I have to work late [buy stamps]. 我不得不工作到很晚。[我必须买些邮票。]
We have to [We’ve got to, We need to] buy groceries. 我们必须买些杂货。
I need to get to my brother’s wedding. 我必须赶上我兄弟的婚礼。
I’m supposed to attend a business meeting. 我本应参加一个业务会议。
The tables are supposed to be set an hour before we open. 桌子本应在开门前一小时就摆好。
You have to [You’re supposed to, You’ve got to, You need to] take one tablet three times a day. 您要每天服三次,每次服一片。
He’s insisting that I [requiring me to, forcing me to, making me] work on Labor Day.
他硬是要求我劳动节也上班。
I sh
展开阅读全文