资源描述
be indifferent to (=not interested in)对…漠不关心, 冷淡, 不在乎
be) inferior to(=less good in quality or value) 比…差; superior to比… 好
at intervals 每隔一会儿, 每隔一段距离
be jealous of 妒忌
jump at (=to be eager to accept)抢着接受,
jump on (=scold, tell of) 叱责
junior to sb. 年纪较…轻, 职位较…低.
21.She never showed up[出席;露面]/appeared/came into appearance.她一直没有出现。
22.That's not like him.那不是他的风格。
23.I couldn't get through.电话打不通。
24.I got sick and tired of[讨厌,厌烦] hotels.我讨厌旅馆。
25.Be my guest.请便、别客气。
Help yourself.请便、别客气。
Make yourself at home. 请便、别客气。
26.Can you keep an eye on[注意;看管] my bag?帮我看一下包好吗?
27.Let's keep in touch.咱们保持联系吧。
28.Let's call it a day. 咱们到次为止吧.
29.I couldn't help[避免;阻止] it.我没办法。
30.Something's come up[发生/出现].有点事/出事了。
31.Let's get to/come to the point[要点/核心问题].让我们来谈要点。
32.Keep/Bear that in mind.记住那件事。
33.That was a close call/shave.太危险了/千钧一发。
34.I'll be looking forward to it/that day.我将期待这一天。
35.Chances are slim[渺茫的;微小的].机会很小。
36.Far from it.一点也不。
Not at all .一点也不。
37.I’m behind in my work.我工作进度落后了。
38.It's a pain in the neck[麻烦的事(人)].那真是件麻烦事。
It's a trouble-maker. 那真是件麻烦事。/那真是个麻烦的人。
39.We're in the same boat.我们处境相同。
40.My mouth is watering.我在流口水了。
Do you think we should try to call him or look for him?
你认为我们是打电话给他呢,还是去找他?
口语精华:
1.It shakes you up.那个让你后怕。
2.It's a [w]cache[/w] of chaos.这是混乱中被隐藏的。
3.We'll meet on your terms.我们会按照你的方式来见面。
4.No time for [w]sarcasm[/w], Suit.没时间讽刺了,制服叔。
5.It's been way too long!太久太久没见你啦!
6.All in good time.耐心点,时候自然会到的。
7.You ran from the truth.你逃避现实了。
8.You want to get out of here?你要离开这?
9.I've got an update on the case.我有这个案子的最新进展。
10.My [w]instinct[/w] kicked in,all right?我的本能起作用了,行吗?
11.Well, theories are meant to be disproved.理论都是注定要被推翻的。
12."Time makes more [w=convert]converts[/w] than reason" --Thomas Paine's "Common Sense."“时间比逻辑造就更多变化,”引自Thomas Paine的“常识”。
1. keep…to oneself(=keep secret)不告诉别人
2. to(the best of) one’s knowledge 据…所知
3. at large(=at liberty, free) 在逃, 逍遥法外 at large(=in general) 一般来说, 大体上 at large(=at full length; with details)详细地
4.at one’s leisure 在…有空的时候
5.at length (=after a long time, at last)终于 at length (=in detail, thoroughly)详细地
. 6.in the light of (=considering; taking into account) 考虑到, 根据
7. in the long run (=in the end)从长远来说,最后; in the short term (从短期来说)
8.(be) at a loss 不知所措
9.major in 主修(某课程)
10.on the mend (=in the process of recovering) 好转, 在康复中
polish
修改,润色。对论文,对求职简历。
I spend so much time polishing my application letter. 我花了很多时间润色我的申请文书。
talk round兜圈子谈
1.On the plus side在好的方面看来
2.He’s so dreamy!他太迷人了。
3.I [w=snap]snapped[/w].我抓狂了。
4.Huddle up,gang.伙计们,围过来。
5.I hate to play this card.我不想出这招。
6.You are my real bro.你是我真正的好兄弟。
7.We are so meant to be . 我们是天造地设的一对(我们注定要在一起。)
8.we got this [w=wrap]wrapped[/w] up in one [w]session[/w] .我们把问题一次性解决了。
9.I was trying to steal him back .我是想把他抢回来。
10.It's tough feeling like the third wheel.做电灯泡的感觉是很难受的。
11.for the most part 多半,大多数,一般来说
at (the) most 最多, 至多 for nothing (=free, without payment)免费
to say nothing of(=not to mention)更不用说…
do sth. at short notice 只给很少时间准备
until further notice 在另行通知前
take notice of (=pay attention) 注意
object to (=be opposed to) 反对
objection to (接动名词) 反对
on occasion(=now and then)不时地,必要时
by occasion of (=because of) 由于
You can't please[使人感到满意和愉快] everyone.你不可能讨好每一个人。
12. I'm working on[着手;从事] it.我正在努力。
13.You bet! / I bet! / I'll bet! /Yes,of course!Absolutely!当然!
14.Drop me a line[短信]. /Write to me.写封信给我
15.Are you pulling my leg[同某人开玩笑;取笑]? 你在开我玩笑吗?
Are you kidding /joking on me? 你在开我玩笑吗?
16.Sooner or later.(迟早会的。)
17.I'll keep my ears open.我会留意的。
18.It isn't much.那是微不足道的。
19.Neck and neck. /Should to should.不分上下。
20.I'm feeling under the weather.(我觉得不舒服/精神不好/情绪低落。)
21.Don't get me wrong/misunderstood[误解].不要误会我。
22.I'm under a lot of pressure.(我压力很大。
23.You're the boss.听你的。
24.It doesn't make any sense! 毫无意义!
It makes no sense! 毫无意义
25.If I were in your shoes[处在某人的位置].如果我是你的话。
If I were you.如果我是你的话
26.What's this regarding/concerning/about/as to/as for/as regards[关于]?这是关于哪方面的?
27.Over my dead body! 休想!
28.Can /could you give me a hand[帮手;援助]?你能帮个忙吗?
Can /could you do me a favor[赏脸]?你能帮个忙吗?
29.We have 30 minutes to kill/idle away/pass[消磨;打发(时间)].我们有三十分钟空闲时间。
30.Whatever you say.随便你。
Do as you please .随便你 Go ahead.随变你
31,。the printing industry 就是印刷业,out of print绝版
quote / quotation
原意"引用",在听力中出现的意思是报价。
买东西询问报价?
What's your quotation? Can you quote for the new flat?
你的报价是多少?你能估计一下这套新公寓的价格吗?
!
。
。
展开阅读全文